Honoring First Responders | 9/11

Monday, September 12, 2016

09.12.2016

this 15th anniversary of 9/11 is a historically unique opportunity for our nation to pause and reflect about just what kind of nation we are and get to live in.
the United States is very dear to my heart as it is where I was born, but not where I have always lived. and I can tell you first hand what it is like not living here with the desire to.
this great country that many of us take for granted moved on.
it rebuilt.
it came back, and it came back even stronger.

I am so very grateful for the place I live. for the men and women that serve to make this a safe, and better place. because they risk their lives day in, and day out to make this country great. I don't believe we need to "Make America Great Again," because it already is, and hasn't failed to be. America isn't one person, America is the people. and the people have never stopped serving. many wont see that, but I do. I have seen poverty, I have seen hunger, desperation, unemployment, violence, corruption. I have lived in a place where its not that easy. a place where there's sometimes no hope. and to be here, is such an honor.

I am grateful for these men and women because they are like Jesus at times, making Earth the Kingdom of Heaven.
Let me explain..
Jesus came to bring hope, instill faith and to save. imagine a car wreck scene. in that moment, I can imagine the victims heart. they may feel scared for their lives and like there is no hope. but as soon as you hear the sirens or see the lights, you start to feel safe again. the first responders give you faith to hold on longer because you now are in their care and it is their job to respond. you have faith in them and trust them with your life.
they come just as Jesus did, to save.

as Brandon and I spent our Sunday fellowshipping with others that make this place the Kingdom, we are so very humbled to be here. I honor all those who serve, and I honor my husband for serving along side them.


You Might Also Like

0 comments