Skylar's 2nd Birthday Party

Friday, April 06, 2018

Here's one for the girly girls.
It was so much fun to dig into the pink and girly side of the party planning. Sky had started obsessing over unicorns late last year and what better theme than a rainbow and glitter filled party? Brandon was worried when I broke out all the glitter and shimmer. It didn't take over our house so we don't have to burn it down. Its alright!
Sky had her best friend (Shay Shay) over, as well as her new friend Aubrey. Add some boys to the mix (Noah, Lucas & Malachi) and it was a cute little shin dig. She had fun and looked so cute!
When I started planning this party, I wasn't having any luck of finding "my vision" anywhere. The décor, the cake and the accessories. Like I always do, I just decided to make it all myself and I think it came out pretty darn good. I stayed up til midnight the night before piping that cake and working fondant, but it was absolutely worth it!
you know, anything for our princess!
This stuff is like crack! So good! And all it is, you ready? Home popped popcorn in melted Almond Bark.
You can sprinkle some salt for added flavor if your in to that kinda thing.
I added sprinkles of course. There are so much possibilities and its so easy to make. Everyone will love it!
I kinda decided to change it up with the goody bags lately. Because we have such small kids, I didn't want to fill the bags with a bunch of hard candy. I changed this years loot to snacky things. Cookie pouches, fruit snacks and more appropriate things for little ones is what I thought would work better. We still have so much Valentines candy and now added all the Easter stuff.
As always, a lot of thought goes into food as I like to feed our guests. What's a party without food?
So just know, if there's a shindig at my house, be ready to eat.
MENU:
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Sausage Balls
Summer Casserole
Croissant Rolls

SNACKY THINGS:
Almond Bark Popcorn
Rice Krispy Treats
White Chocolate Pretzel Rods
Strawberry Lemonade
Grape & Pineapple Soda
So, Noah is obsessed with blowing out candles. Even just my smelly ones while they're burning.
So Brandon had to cover his mouth so all the kids could get a turn at blowing them out.
Then, we have Malachi, trying to blow out the candles with his mind.
Everyone cracked up! He's such a funny goober!
Photography by my sister paola
Invitations: Bernelo
Welcome Sign: Bernelo
Food Labels: Bernelo
Romper: PoshBaby Boutique Co
Top/Skirt Outfit: Cat & Jack
Rainbow Plates: Shop Sweet LuLu
Rainbow Cups: Shop Sweet LuLu
Straws: Party City
Goody Bags: Michaels
Unicorn Set: Made By Myself
Unicorn Hair Clip: Made By Myself
Cake: Made By Myself
Artificial Plants: Home Goods
Pink Sequin Tablecloth: Amazon
Teal Sequin Table Runner: Amazon

You Might Also Like

0 comments