year in review | 2017

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

I can’t believe it’s gone. 2017 came and went in a blink of an eye.
This year brought a lot of fun and A LOT of change. What more could I ask for than a year like this one with my crew?
The Spears 5, it was a dang good year!

january
We kicked off the year in the most difficult time of pregnancy. I was about 3 months pregnant and very overwhelmed with the migraines this pregnancy brought. It was a daily battle and seriously ruining my life (yes, that bad), until I finally got sick of it and asked God to take over. And there began the blessings of a wonderful year. Brandon had also just completed recruitment for the Sierra Volunteer Fire Department. Proud wife moment!
february
Noah turned 4 and we celebrated the blessing and miracle he is with a superhero party. One of the best ones yet. Still exhausted (ok, maybe not) from the planning involved with this one but so so worth it. We also announced our pregnancy since we like to keep things private for a while, and people flipped! Yes we're pregnant again, and no, it wasn't an accident.
march
As if Noah’s party wasn’t enough, here came Skylar’s. This sweet baby turned one whole year and what? Bittersweet.
What would be more fun than for one of our kids to reveal baby #3's gender. We found out the day prior and Sky announced that we were having a baby BOY at her first birthday party!
april
The month of celebration. Man, we’re party people! My birthday followed by our 2 year anniversary. We were made aware of MidiCi having a grand opening so we decided to make a trip out of it. We had never done something like this and left the kids for a whole day. I had real mom guilt but it truly was a fun trip and great quality time to celebrate our marriage. We did our favorite thing to do, yall know it, EAT! So much fun, and dreams began. I’ll remember that day forever.
We also spent most of our days outdoors soaking up the sun and getting tan!
may
Brandon was able to have some good “him” time, hog hunting with his dad in Texas. I love the pictures he came back with. Merica!
june
We celebrated Lucas’ arrival with a cute little greenery shower. So fresh and so fun.
We also put our house on the market, so it was clean everyday, and I loved it! But had a hard time with the thought of letting go of our first home.
july
The greatest moment of 2017; welcoming baby Lucas. Our smallest baby was here and a real prince. Cherry on the top!
august
The real change began. We packed our life and moved to Texas.
Best. Choice. EVER!
Also the month Noah started Pre-k. "I love my school in Texas mommy!"
september
This month was for exploring. AND a new bed. I am happy to report, Sleep Number is absolutely worth the investment. we love it!
october
Although nobody really held up long enough for the State Fair of Texas, it was still a fun time. What was not a fun time, was totaling my car (everyone was alright). At least we got a new car out of the crappy situation, I'm telling ya, God is in everything.
October was also the month Brandon and I started our jobs, and we've enjoyed it ever since.
november
We moved into our new house. We ate more than we should’ve and we bought too many things. We also took family photos and my sis sure did a great job of capturing this beautiful family of mine.
december
No snow, but lot of lovin. I had the honor of hosting Christmas this year and I had so much fun setting the table. With the help of Hearth and Hand by JoJo and Chip this Christmas, I sure was happy with the way it turned out.
This year was definitely a defining one. And we loved every second of it.
Cheers to a new year and new adventures.

You Might Also Like

0 comments